My "Catch-Up" Story

A message to my friends is long overdue and I decided to write an “update” blog. Where has the time gone? I do drop by almost every day to pick up my “mail” and reply where necessary, but then off I go to other areas of interest on the Internet. Like what, you ask? If you have been 'messaging' with me, you may already know some of my story.
I love to read, and even though I had cataract surgery this past year, it didn’t turn out the way it was expected, so I still read on my tablet or computer. I like to learn new things, most especially computer related. However, I’m beginning to realize that I am often relearning something that I used to know how to do, but either my software is too old since upgrading my computer to Windows 10, or “Use It or Lose It!” is a quote that is certainly my case. I have a passion for photography, and have been enjoying our “old” photo albums, and have been re-learning how to restore damaged and faded vintage family photo treasures. I am so thankful for TC & EB and their newsletter that was my original “teacher” and now my information source is their daily Cloudeight InfoAve Daily and their Cloudeight InfoAve Weekly newsletter! “Altara”, an active Staff member, has also been very helpful and a great source of information.
I hope that you have had a great weekend, even in our “new reality”. I hope you have found new and interesting things to do with your time. Our self-imposed isolation (because of my hubby’s health challenges last year) has given us lots of things to be thankful for … continued good health, great country air, and a loving family who frequently check up on us. Hubby is able to spend hours in his beloved ‘Shop’. He tells me that he has many projects… fix things, paint things, rearrange things, trash things… and when he works too hard on those projects, he has the occasional nap in his favorite “shop” chair. 
What fills my time? I do a bit of cooking, a bit of cleaning, some walking around our yard… and a lot of time on my computer! My computer gives me an endless supply of music, books to read, free communication tools to keep in touch with family and friends internationally. I’ve recently learned to shop online for groceries and then drove to town to pick up my order, all without ever getting out of our vehicle. I even experienced ‘curb-side’ service from the ‘Easter Bunny’ who brought our prescriptions to us in the parking lot. The pharmacist decided to “deliver with a smile” and hopefully bring a smile to the faces of the customers too. She succeeded!
Most of these experiences have also caused personal spiritual reflections. Is our Creator God allowing this pandemic for His holy purpose? God is never the author of evil; GOD IS LOVE! Has the events of this month diminished my faith in my Heavenly Father? Not a bit; I have a calmness that even surprises me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been reminded through songs and reading Scripture to take “one day at a time”, and nothing is gained by worrying over something of which we have no control. And what about praying? If it seems hard to do, we need to be reminded that prayer is like a conversation with God, our Heavenly Father. He’s not concerned about “formal words” learned recitation; He knows even our unspoken thoughts!
Remember… One Day At A Time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve Done It… And We’re Still Here!

It’s All About the 3C’s …

Time Out For The Hooker ...