Time Out For The Hooker ...

It has been several months since you have heard from me, and I must break my silence now, to let you know that I’m still breathing. It has been quite a time for us… most of it have been happy times. We’ve dealt with some health issues, have tried to be disciplined enough to follow any instructions that have been given, and be thankful for every day that we are still able to enjoy in our country home. Our neighbors have been warned that as long as we both have our driver’s licenses, they are stuck with us! It’s a great neighborhood and we would miss them… even the ones that we don’t often connect with except when we meet at the mailbox.

We’re all on the same ‘journey’, dealing with changes that we have never expected to experience, and even amazed that we are still here. Health issues become the common topic of conversations, political opinions are all over the map, and technology is making us feel old and stupid. The telephone guy that I have been married to for sixty years has been reluctant to have a cell phone because, in his entire life, a phone was on the wall with a long cord… not in his pocket! Now the ‘smart phone’ is smarter than I am, and I’m forever reading the manual or asking our son to ‘tell me again’ how to do things on the phone.

Our travel days seem to have come to an end but the memories linger and photos bring our wonderful experiences back to mind. Our most recent jaunt away from home, was a 90-minute travel to visit dear friends in the town where I had my first job as a registered nurse. It was like going ‘back home’. We are thankful for each day that we have, and we are content.

If you have read my previous blog about the 3 C’s group in our community. I have met new friends, have renewed previous acquaintances in our neighborhood, and my crochet projects are my delight. I continue to create and gift lap/nap blankets for adults and children (over 50 to date), and have even sold a few. It is my quiet and calming delight in the evenings.

I am the ‘Hooker’!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve Done It… And We’re Still Here!

It’s All About the 3C’s …