My Computer Maintenance Story

The experience that I had today confirmed that I’ve been having too much spare time with my computer, while sitting in my favorite chair near my favorite window. There are so many things that I enjoy with my computer, and I love to learn new things. I’ve renewed my interest in restoring vintage photographs, but the software that I used many years ago was not made for Windows 10, so I’ve been trying all sorts of software, especially the ones that are “affordable” for me.

I’ve had time to do a lot of reading about computers and photographs, and trying to organize the hundreds of photographs and graphics that I have on my computer and tablet. All of this activity seemed to have made my computer run much slower. I also received several “error” messages that there were files missing or unavailable that were necessary for the smooth operation of a software. It was time for me to have my computer serviced by my favorite service company… Cloudeight Direct Computer Care. If that sounds familiar, they are the people who own and started NotOverTheHill (NOTH). I didn’t have to pack up my computer and drive to the city to have it serviced. I made an appointment for service online, and when we were connected, I could watch them work, ask questions, and receive calm and patient answers. The charge for this service is much less than what I would have been charged in the city. A simple ‘thank you’ seems so inadequate for the expertise, the reliability, and their ethical approach in business.

I was first introduced to this company in 2008, when I joined NOTH. I have been a Staff Member at the startup, and am still a Staff Helper on this, my favorite social network. I have subscribed to their FREE Cloudeight InfoAve Daily and Weekly newsletters that provide a computer education that is easy to understand, especially for those of us who are more ‘senior’ who are trying to ‘catch up’ with the technology of this generation. If you haven’t read these newsletters, I highly recommend them to you. Check out this link!

If I have ‘tweaked’ your interest but have more questions, send me a private message and I will try to answer or find someone who knows more than I do. For those who have registered to be a member of NOTH, learning the guidelines from the owners are intended to create a smoothly operating “community” for the enjoyment of all of us.

Speaking personally, NOTH seems like a site providing us the opportunity of meeting new ‘pen pals’! Friendships can develop even though we may never meet in person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve Done It… And We’re Still Here!

It’s All About the 3C’s …

Time Out For The Hooker ...