Enjoying Our Personal Rural Zoo

Call it what you like… we are being we ll entertained at our home, in spite of the continued self-imposed isolation. Our last social outing was March 15th, altered briefly by three visits to our grocery store and one delivery of files to our accountant in the city. We miss the personal contact with friends and neighbors, and the friendly hugs that are our normal greeting. Thank goodness for telephones, especially for those who still are not connected to a computer… my beloved hubby being one of them.

So, are we still civil with each other; still married? Absolutely! Why give up after what we’ve put up with for 57 years? When my husband has had his breakfast, he gets ready to go to ‘work’ in his shop, just as he did when he had a real job before he retired. He loves his shop that was, and still is, the site of his two hobbies… the rebuilding of several vintage tractors, and collecting and repairing vintage and antique telephones. Now he finds things that need to be repaired, repainted, rearranged and cleaned, and has even come up with new creative projects.

He has spent many days repairing our favorite steel bird feeder that was badly damaged by Mama Bear last year, after her two young cubs dropped by on our back patio. The bird feeder ended up at the bottom of the hill, and was rescued by our grandson who was able to navigate our hill. Hubby also designed a new birdfeeder and has mounted it near our patio door so that we can watch the activity from our favorite chairs on the warm side of the glass.

What do I do with my time, while he’s at ‘work’? About the same that I’ve always done, being a ‘stay-at-home’ mom, except there are no kids here now. I’m not much of an “outdoor” person, especially when walking becomes more of a challenge. I have been known to trip and fall over a pebble on the pavement, and I don’t relish the possibility of it happening again. I do some cleaning, read old recipe books and do some baking. Our meals are freshly prepared, and enjoyed whenever we feel hungry, and not at set times. The exercise machine gets some of my attention, I play the piano when I don’t have an audience, and my computer is rarely turned off. I do a lot of reading, I talk on the phone and send text messages to friends and family in many parts of the world, and I keep wanting to learn new things. This year I am “relearning” photo restoration, thanks to a closed group on Facebook. I go to bed late, I wake up late, and I don’t allow myself to complain or get bored. Above all else, I strive to be an “encourager”!

I won’t post any photos here but I have posted recent photos on my NOTH page. For those who read my blogs on Blogger, I am including a link to those photos. I love photos, old, new, and shared from others. It can be referred to as “Armchair Travelling”, in our home, in the neighborhood, or anywhere that we have been fortunate to enough to travel.

Here is the link …

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN0ctmeXkJiucY5hceWZeYB1Jz53N3KyFm8NkXYX8Vhg6vB4saZJFnPl2F8K ksTWw?key=dGhUcVozTXYtUGZyVk5GX0lsLWNmelNqRERwT3NR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve Done It… And We’re Still Here!

It’s All About the 3C’s …

Time Out For The Hooker ...