It Started With A Smile...

 We had just finished our breakfast on Friday morning when the doorbell announced a visitor. We were looking forward to the moment, hoping that the plans hadn’t been unexpectedly changed. I opened the door and came face-to-face with a beautiful tall lady who looked familiar but we had not seen her for over two years. Who could forget that smile … and the hugs were wonderful. She lives a bit over a thousand kilometers from us and a combination of circumstances has deleted any past opportunities to come over the Rockies for a visit.

I had one of those “how did that happen” moments that I talked about in my last blog. It doesn’t seem to be that long ago when she was a little girl, graduating from kindergarten, enjoying ballet lessons, and attending Sunday school. We had been invited to several presentations by her high school drama class, and even one play that she created. Following those memories, she studied in Britain for a year, did some travel in Europe, and graduated from university.  Presently, she continues to expand her education, works part-time, enjoys volunteer challenges, and loves living close to the ocean. Now I get to serve her coffee in our kitchen, and sit and enjoy a ‘catch-up’ chat with her. She isn’t able to stay very long because there are a lot of things for her to squeeze into a short trip, including time with her family. We are already looking forward to her next visit.

We may not always agree on every topic, but that doesn’t diminish the love we have for this lady … a love that began more than twenty years ago. I pray for her every day. I know she loves me too …

…She calls me ‘Nana’!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve Done It… And We’re Still Here!

It’s All About the 3C’s …

Time Out For The Hooker ...